This one is a bit more challenging since I have to come up with eight more things other bloggers and my readers do not know about me. So, here goes, eight things that others don’t know about me, and then I will tag eight people to carry on the meme. I know – sort of like a chain letter.
- I have tried a great number of professions/jobs throughout my life including; lawnmower mechanic, boat engine mechanic, bowling alley mechanic, security guard, Navy pilot, aviation safety officer and aircraft crash investigator, stock broker, Chief Information Officer (CIO), company president, consultant, Chief Technology Officer, and now Director for Information & Records Management at BP.
- I love music. I enjoy most genres except country western and played the trumpet and french horn in high school. I listen to music to help grease the creative skids when trying to write articles, papers or need to do some thinking.
- My first car was a 1958 American Rambler which I paid $90 for. I subsequently restored the car from one end to the other, including rebuilding the engine. I know, pretty slick looking car right?
- I read constantly and sometimes have two or three books going at once. Sometimes I do not finish a book and lately I have decided that’s OK. I guess I am a learning junkie and I am always looking for new inputs and ways of approaching problems.
- I love cooking (like Jesse and Alan) and really like grilling. I guess my love for cooking rubbed off on my youngest son who is now a Sous Chef for the JW Marriott Grand Lakes, Orlando.
- Over the years I have lived in 19 different cities (one of those in Okinawa, Japan) with the current city being Houston, TX.
- I was very active in Boy Scouts growing up and attained Eagle Scout with a Bonze Palm.
- I love photography. It started in elementary school when my father bought me a darkroom kit (digital had not been invented yet ). I specialized in infrared black and white photography during college and now I am getting into digital with my Nikon D40X and I use Adobe Lightroom for processing and Photoshop CS3 for special processing. I have a lot to learn.